Monday, April 13, 2009

Dear Douchebag

Thank you so much for freeing me from your cocaine-fueled power trip. When you hired me eight months ago, I was confident that we would function as an incredible team. Unfortunately, your drug habit effectively squelched that notion. I should have seen it coming when you called out eight days in the first two months I was there.

Whether it was a car accident, that you got mugged, the airline lost your luggage, you were ‘sick,’ or you just couldn’t get your nose away from the mirror, I am simply grateful that I don’t have to deal with the excuses. I am glad that I went to HR about it and happy that HR is in the mire with you. Regardless, I got what I needed.

Fortunately for me, I am not trapped under the weight of an insane drug and alcohol problem and I have ideas that can be used outside the confines of my ego. Even if I don’t make $250,000 a year, I am much freer than you will ever be.

Cordially,
Friend of Bill W.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Bill W. should be mighty glad he got out of there before the workplace got busted for drugs!

    Another place to vent your story at www.layoffmoveon.com ... share your tips!

    -jessl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you! That is pretty awesome to knock that shithead down! Congrats for the power. Though I wish i could get a job, in that regard you're lucky! I've gotten some writing jobs and that has been good. Check out some of the reviews I made for the sites that worked for me

    http://ineedajobrightnow.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete